FANDOM


  • Linathan
    Linathan closed this thread because:
    New thread: Thread:399936
    07:24, March 2, 2018

    Hello Summoners!

    Have any questions? Ask here! (Squad help is on a separate Thread. See on the Sidebar on the right.)

    Anyone can ask, and anyone can answer! Please use the Quote button to reply to the user's question to avoid confusion!

    Useful links:


    Notes:

    • Thread will be closed at the end of the month. That said, a new thread will be open again.
    • Do not make a new thread or blog post to ask questions. New threads and blog posts will be deleted. The only exceptions to this are this thread and Discussions.
    • Do not reply with junk posts here. Junk posts found will be removed without notice.
    • Please direct all questions regarding about squads to the current Squad Building Help Thread, which can be found on the wiki sidebar.
      Loading editor
    • So I have been playing this game for 2 weeks now and I have to say I am really hooked on It! But I am getting to the point where I am not sure what to do next.

      I still have finished the story line yet I have just entered the first land of afla dilith so I know I must finish this. I also am doing quite well in arena and I think i have a fairly strong team.

      I am level 173 (I got there by farming the Monday dungeon all day long) and the quests are real easy. I'm wondering what to do next? I see people talk about raids and trials and coliseum etc but I have no idea what these are or how to go about them. So some help and dir3ction  would be great.

      I am also not sure if my team is as good as I think it is but I shall try and find the squad build thread and post in there for help and guidance

        Loading editor
    • Ragewood181 wrote:
      So I have been playing this game for 2 weeks now and I have to say I am really hooked on It! But I am getting to the point where I am not sure what to do next.

      I still have finished the story line yet I have just entered the first land of afla dilith so I know I must finish this. I also am doing quite well in arena and I think i have a fairly strong team.

      I am level 173 (I got there by farming the Monday dungeon all day long) and the quests are real easy. I'm wondering what to do next? I see people talk about raids and trials and coliseum etc but I have no idea what these are or how to go about them. So some help and dir3ction  would be great.

      I am also not sure if my team is as good as I think it is but I shall try and find the squad build thread and post in there for help and guidance



      Hullo! (owo)/ 

      First off, late welcome to Brave Frontier! It's always good to have new players coming in. 

      Storywise, you're in a pretty good place - you've finished dealing with 3 out of 4 of the Fallen Gods, and there's still tons more content in the storyline (which I won't spoil). All I'll say is that things are far from over. For now, though, I'll explain the other content Brave Frontier has to offer. I'll omit the Arena, though, seeing as you're pretty well versed in it.

      Regarding Raids: Raids are pretty much Player VS Entity (aka PvE) scenarios, but what makes them unique is that it's not just one player, but four. Access it by going to the Raid menu on the main screen. There are a total of six Raid levels available to you, with roughly 10-15 battles in each. Keep note that Raids have a 30 minute time limit, and that the bosses, in general, are fairly hard to beat for a single player. However, the first few Raid levels are pretty easy, considering that they were built in the time before Omnis were prevalent. You can gather materials for rather hard to obtain spheres - one such example of this is the Occult Treasure, which grants a unit a 40% boost for all stats. Additionally, there lies a seperate storyline within Raids which you can take part in.

      Regarding Trials: Trials are PvE scenarios in which a player fights "mock-units" - units which are mainly based on storyline units. A good example of this is Trial:001, which serves as your introduction to Trials battles, within which you fight Karl. These Trials, much like Raids, start off easy thanks to the presence of Omnis, but definitely do get harder. What makes Trials unique is that you can bring a total of three squads with you to the battle - meaning that even if one squad perishes, there's still a chance to win the battle. Access the Trials by going to the Imperial Capital Randall, accessible in the Menu screen, then going to the "Summoners' Research Lab". You can obtain Gems, exclusive spheres, units, and evolution items - for example, after beating Trial:001, you obtain Karl in mock-unit form.

      Regarding the Colosseum: The Colosseum is basically an alternative to the Arena, in which you enter Player VS Player (aka PvP) scenarios in a fight to the death. In it, there are two rounds - the first of which you go on the offensive against the other player, and the second you go on the defensive. What sets the Colosseum apart from the Arena is its difficulty - for example, you end up having to strategize which units to send out for the first and second bouts. Another key difference are the special Colosseum rules to play by, which differ each round. These rules can range from giving certain elements an advantage, to locking Leader Skills for both you and the enemy. Finally, the Colosseum has "classes" - each class having a certain unit cost available to them. This pretty much locks you to using certain evolutions of units in battle, ranging from two star units to Omni units. Access the Arena in the Arena menu - it's the third option available to you. You can win things ranging from elemental crystals, Raid materials, spheres, and so much more. 

      Regarding Guilds and Guild Raids: Guilds are a fairly new inclusion to the game, and in it, Summoners from around the world form groups we dub as "Guilds". Being in a guild grants various bonuses - for example, you can have an EXP boost, a Zel drop boost, and a Karma drop boost; all of which are activated in normal Questing, in the Vortex, and as well as in Trials. Every month, these Guilds go head-to-head in Guild Raids, in which you can win things such as Gems, alternate Unit Art, exclusive spheres, exclusive elgifs, and so on. The main goal of Guild Raids is simple - to obtain more points than the enemy team. This requires tons of teamwork within the guild, and quite a bit of coordinated efforts. You can even obtain Guild Raid spheres and units, which all have special effects within the Guild Raid, to score more points. Access the Guild menu in the main screen. You can ask more questions once you've joined a good guild.

      Regarding Grand Quests: Grand Quests are PvE scenarios in which the player takes part in various scripted events and battles. Unlike other sections of the game, such as the Arena or Guild Raids, Grand Quests are heavily lore-centric. Some of them are based around certain unit batches - for example, there lies a Grand Quest shedding some more lore on Eerikki's batch. However, majority of the Grand Quests are stories including the people you have met along the way in the main storyline. They're a nice break from the usual Brave Frontier storyline and mechanics. Take note, though, that no one Grand Quest is the same. Each has their own rules or mechanics. Aside from that, there are various endings in each Grand Quest depending on what you, as the player, do. You can also win Gems, units, and excAccess the Grand Quest menu in the main Vortex or Quest screen - it's in the upper-right corner of the screen.

      Regarding Frontier Hunter: Frontier Hunter is a mode in which you participate in PvE events, with your main goal being to score as many points as possible. They happen every month, and depending on how many points you acheive, you can get various prizes, such as Gems, Spheres, Units, etc. Unlike other modes in the game, where you can do them as you please, it is highly recommended to do the Frontier Hunter each month. This is because rewards and battles change each time a new Frontier Hunter is up. Access it in the Imperial Capital Randall by going to the Akras Summoners' Hall Survey Office.

      Regarding Frontier Gates and Frontier Rifts: Frontier Gates are pretty much full-time Frontier Hunters, with their PvE scenarios having goals ranging from following a certain playstyle to gathering as many points as possible. You can gain imps, spheres, and burst frogs for completing these Frontier Gates. Frontier Rifts, on the other hand, are much like Frontier Gates - but the main difference between the two is that it is exclusively for units in their Omni+ forms. I won't say much about these two subjects just so that you can experience it for yourself. Access them the same way you would access Frontier Hunter - by going to the Imperial Capital Randall and clicking on the Akras Summoners' Hall Survey Office. A word of caution though: the Frontier Rift is mainly for more experienced players, and is heavily based on how much damage your team can administer and receive. Do not go in unless you're prepared.

      Regarding the Grand Gaia Chronicles Series (aka GGCs): GGCs are PvE scripted events which are a mix of lore and battle. They are wholey based on current Unit batches and their respective lores - for example, the Six Heroes (e.g. Vargas, Selena, Lance, Eze, Atro, and Magress) have their own GGCs. These GGCs serve as a test of your intuition and battle sense. There lies a major difficulty curve, though, so do be careful. There are no squad gimmicks present in the GGCs - you can only bring five units, with one friend unit. Spheres and Gems are heavily abundant in this area. Access the GGCs in the Vortex menu.



      I hope this helped! If you have any more questions, the floor is yours. (^^)/

        Loading editor
    • Ragewood181 wrote:
      So I have been playing this game for 2 weeks now and I have to say I am really hooked on It! But I am getting to the point where I am not sure what to do next.

      I still have finished the story line yet I have just entered the first land of afla dilith so I know I must finish this. I also am doing quite well in arena and I think i have a fairly strong team.

      I am level 173 (I got there by farming the Monday dungeon all day long) and the quests are real easy. I'm wondering what to do next? I see people talk about raids and trials and coliseum etc but I have no idea what these are or how to go about them. So some help and dir3ction  would be great.

      I am also not sure if my team is as good as I think it is but I shall try and find the squad build thread and post in there for help and guidance

      Here's a good tip for starting to play this game:

      - Read unit's skill sets. This game isn't about having the most overpowered units to finish the whole content, it's using different units to provide different squads to make a whole squad function and beat the boss :) It's like pizza, you need to have different ingredients to make a whole pizza, you can't just have the dough and cheese only because all ingredients are important to make the whole pizza :p

      - Don't summon randomly or when you just have 5 gems, plan carefully on who you want to summon. Once you finish most of the content it's really hard to get gems, so save them as much as possible for good occasions (such as limited units like vortex arena units).

      - Be a game player; if you see people nuke and cheese trials don't think that "oh they can do that easily because they have good units, I don't have those units so therefore I can't beat the trial", but instead think "I can't nuke the trial, therefore I won't spoil the fun of the game for myself" :) Trials are supposed to get your head thinking, so don't mind the pingus who cheese through them. But if you really want to complete it fast by cheesing (example: with Savia), then that's up to you.

      - Make use of super karma dungeon. Especially now :) Grind like you've never grinded before


        Loading editor
    • Thanks to you both for responding.

      Kkytes- Thanks for getting back to me first. It's good to hear that I'm not at the end of the story like I think I am and that there is more content to follow.

      Since your reply I have tried a few things. I did a raid by myself. It was only a 1 star one against someone called Eldema? I think I did it with relative ease although I didn't quite understand the map. There was a rest camp and 2 paths to choose left or right. After these both paths lead back to the boss. However I just moved straight to the boss and defeated him. Is this correct?

      I went into the trials to check these out and I have defeated the first 4. The 5th on against Zevalhua where he regens his hp a few times beat me so i will need to come back to this but I have got the hang of it I think. I haven't got any items or spheres yet just the boss. Is this correct?

      I did a coliseum and got my was kicked by someone level 500 and something. I think I will very much wait a while before I go back and try this again.

      Every guild I have approaches to join has just left a message in my box and nothing has happened. Any way of knowing if and when you get accepted?

      I will leave the frontier Hunter and gates for a while too and wait until I have levelled up more and got a better team.

      Grand quests I want to give a go but am yet to try so will let you know how I get on. Along with the grand ghia chronicles there are sooooooo many I am clearly very late to the party with this game. It's a bit daunting but I give it a go, do you get special units from these that are no longer available in regular summons?

        Loading editor
    • Also what is ab elgif for? I have had a few but not sure if i should sell them or fuse them or what?

        Loading editor
    • To myoxotis

      Thanks for your reply also. I have very much been summoning every time i have got 5/10 gems etc... the problem is i dont know what units i want to save for. I do wait for the vortex arena ones sometimes but i feel i nees a wide variety of characters

        Loading editor
    • Ragewood181 wrote:
      To myoxotis

      Thanks for your reply also. I have very much been summoning every time i have got 5/10 gems etc... the problem is i dont know what units i want to save for. I do wait for the vortex arena ones sometimes but i feel i nees a wide variety of characters

      Good tip on how to find out what units are going to come: this Wikia and Reddit

      The Reddit and Wikia community usually shares a lot of stuff that's going to be released such as new units :) You could also check out Brave Frontier's Facebook or Instagram page to see if they release the unit's details and skillset. In discussion communities like Reddit and Wikia, you can see the comments of other people and their opinions about the unit. Bear in mind that you don't need to agree on everything they say :p

      If you are a new player, your best bet is to try to summon for mitigators (or units with essential buffs you don't have). Examples of good mitigators right now are Solos, Amus, and Nagid but there are more. 

      But then, it all comes down to what buffs you need; BB management, Atk up buffers and nukers, healers, status cleansers, debuffers and status inflictors, Def up buffers, or what ever you need, will be most important to you :p

      If you want recommendations of units with certain buffs, just pm me in my message wall and I will do my best to help :D 
      ​​​​​​

        Loading editor
    • Ragewood181 wrote:
      Also what is ab elgif for? I have had a few but not sure if i should sell them or fuse them or what?

      An elgif is a fusable unit you can fuse to a playable unit (units you use for battle). An elgif will give the unit it's fused to another extra skill. You can check the extra skill it will give by reading the elgif's skill description from the elgif itself. 

      If you want to remove an elgif extra skill from a unit, use an emgif (the purple one). When you do, it will turn to an elgif of that extra skill and you can claim it again in your present box :)

      I recommend using 5* and up elgifs. 4* elgifs and below are outdated so i recommend you to just trade them for merit points :p You can get good elgifs as rewards from completing some content and achievements (examples: level-up campaign, frontier hunter, guild raid awards, etc.) 

        Loading editor
    • Ragewood181 wrote:
      Thanks to you both for responding.

      Kkytes- Thanks for getting back to me first. It's good to hear that I'm not at the end of the story like I think I am and that there is more content to follow.

      Since your reply I have tried a few things. I did a raid by myself. It was only a 1 star one against someone called Eldema? I think I did it with relative ease although I didn't quite understand the map. There was a rest camp and 2 paths to choose left or right. After these both paths lead back to the boss. However I just moved straight to the boss and defeated him. Is this correct?

      I went into the trials to check these out and I have defeated the first 4. The 5th on against Zevalhua where he regens his hp a few times beat me so i will need to come back to this but I have got the hang of it I think. I haven't got any items or spheres yet just the boss. Is this correct?

      I did a coliseum and got my was kicked by someone level 500 and something. I think I will very much wait a while before I go back and try this again.

      Every guild I have approaches to join has just left a message in my box and nothing has happened. Any way of knowing if and when you get accepted?

      I will leave the frontier Hunter and gates for a while too and wait until I have levelled up more and got a better team.

      Grand quests I want to give a go but am yet to try so will let you know how I get on. Along with the grand ghia chronicles there are sooooooo many I am clearly very late to the party with this game. It's a bit daunting but I give it a go, do you get special units from these that are no longer available in regular summons?

      Raid classes 1-5 are outdated and therefore easy to solo. However, some rare raid battle items drop from certain bosses (or boss parts) that can be used to create really good spheres. In this case if you want to find them, it's recommended you raid with other people so your chances of getting the rare item is higher. The chances will increase the more points you have than the other players. Raid class 6 is quite tricky so you could possibly do it with 2 or more people.

      Trials are meant to be tricky. I recommend looking at guides in this Wikia and look at videos of people actually doing the trial. Some trials are older than others, so don't be surprised if the person in the video used really old units to beat the trial. With this era's units, older trials should be a piece of cake (as long as you follow the guide). Don't forget to give spheres to your units (surely you know by now you can get another sphere slot by fusing a sphere frog right?).

      You will know if you get accepted if you see the guild you're on if you click the guild icon from the home screen. :p

      As a new player, there is so much content to be completed. Therefore, more gems :D Most GQ/GGC don't give units, there are few who do but they suck (they are units that you can't summon for and are outdated). A few of the GQs and GGCs give you good spheres however, so try to get those. The good spheres are rewarded from harder GQs and GGCs such as:

      GQ: Sirius GQ, Adriesta GQ

      GGC: Barion GGC, Kulyuk GGC, Rouche GGC

        Loading editor
    • where is a good place to farm exp in the summoner arc? i have insufficient stp, so i can't farm in the summoner's training camp right now, so i have to farm at a quest area. fyi, i have finished every quest in the summoner arc, including st. creek, so i can farm at any location. please help!

        Loading editor
    • Kaiwentang wrote:
      where is a good place to farm exp in the summoner arc? i have insufficient stp, so i can't farm in the summoner's training camp right now, so i have to farm at a quest area. fyi, i have finished every quest in the summoner arc, including st. creek, so i can farm at any location. please help!

      I've personally found Rokkzalm 3-2 to be the most effective for me. It has a pretty good chance of mimics and Ghosts/Kings - all of which boost EXP received by a fairly good amount. Aside from that it's a relatively low energy cost.

      However, if you're really just doing it for STP farming purposes, best to do it in Bectas instead. I highly discourage this, though, since 2 energy isn't a ton in the longterm. 

      I hope this helped! (^^)/

        Loading editor
    • Can someone help me on this?

      If HP = 20,000 and REC = 4,000 and my shion boosts REC by 170%, which would be 10,800, will the REC to ATK convert base on 4,000 or 10,800?

      Also, may I know which stat convert is the best?

      Tq! :)

        Loading editor
    • Hi all, just a qn. If i were to fuse an omni frog with a unit who has not unlocked 'enhancement', nthn will happen right?

        Loading editor
    • Shagged wrote:
      Hi all, just a qn. If i were to fuse an omni frog with a unit who has not unlocked 'enhancement', nthn will happen right?


      Omni frogs don't do anything if a unit hasn't unlocked their "enhancement" route. I imagine we can compare it to fusing Burst Frogs to a 7* unit with a maxed SBB - pretty much a waste.

      I hope this helped! (^^)/

        Loading editor
    • BryanZephyrus wrote:
      Can someone help me on this?

      If HP = 20,000 and REC = 4,000 and my shion boosts REC by 170%, which would be 10,800, will the REC to ATK convert base on 4,000 or 10,800?

      Also, may I know which stat convert is the best?

      Tq! :)

      Hullo! (^^)/

      Stat converts affect a unit's base stat, not their buffed ones. So in your given example, the Recovery to Attack stat convert will be based on 4000.

      As for which stat convert is the "best", there technically isn't one. Due to the nature of stat converts being dependent on a unit's stats, the effectiveness of a stat conversion buff changes from unit to unit. For example, a unit like Rahotep, who's well known to have one of the lowest Recovery stats in the game, would benefit less from a Recovery -> Stat buff compared to other Omni units. It honestly depends on which units you send out and what their stats are.

      I hope this helped! (^^)/

        Loading editor
    • KKytes wrote:
      Shagged wrote:
      Hi all, just a qn. If i were to fuse an omni frog with a unit who has not unlocked 'enhancement', nthn will happen right?


      Omni frogs don't do anything if a unit hasn't unlocked their "enhancement" route. I imagine we can compare it to fusing Burst Frogs to a 7* unit with a maxed SBB - pretty much a waste.

      I hope this helped! (^^)/

      Got it! You helped. Thanks!

        Loading editor
    • KKytes wrote:

      BryanZephyrus wrote:
      Can someone help me on this?

      If HP = 20,000 and REC = 4,000 and my shion boosts REC by 170%, which would be 10,800, will the REC to ATK convert base on 4,000 or 10,800?

      Also, may I know which stat convert is the best?

      Tq! :)

      Hullo! (^^)/

      Stat converts affect a unit's base stat, not their buffed ones. So in your given example, the Recovery to Attack stat convert will be based on 4000.

      As for which stat convert is the "best", there technically isn't one. Due to the nature of stat converts being dependent on a unit's stats, the effectiveness of a stat conversion buff changes from unit to unit. For example, a unit like Rahotep, who's well known to have one of the lowest Recovery stats in the game, would benefit less from a Recovery -> Stat buff compared to other Omni units. It honestly depends on which units you send out and what their stats are.

      I hope this helped! (^^)/

      According to this wiki's Damage page: "Stat Conversion Buffs are flat bonuses applied after total stat calculations, not to the base stats. This means the bonus is not affected by multipliers to the stat it is being added to, but is affected by multipliers to the stat that is being converted from." This mechanics page on Reddit says pretty much the same thing.

        Loading editor
    • SolemnWings wrote:

      KKytes wrote:

      BryanZephyrus wrote:
      Can someone help me on this?

      If HP = 20,000 and REC = 4,000 and my shion boosts REC by 170%, which would be 10,800, will the REC to ATK convert base on 4,000 or 10,800?

      Also, may I know which stat convert is the best?

      Tq! :)

      Hullo! (^^)/

      Stat converts affect a unit's base stat, not their buffed ones. So in your given example, the Recovery to Attack stat convert will be based on 4000.

      As for which stat convert is the "best", there technically isn't one. Due to the nature of stat converts being dependent on a unit's stats, the effectiveness of a stat conversion buff changes from unit to unit. For example, a unit like Rahotep, who's well known to have one of the lowest Recovery stats in the game, would benefit less from a Recovery -> Stat buff compared to other Omni units. It honestly depends on which units you send out and what their stats are.

      I hope this helped! (^^)/

      According to this wiki's Damage page: "Stat Conversion Buffs are flat bonuses applied after total stat calculations, not to the base stats. This means the bonus is not affected by multipliers to the stat it is being added to, but is affected by multipliers to the stat that is being converted from." This mechanics page on Reddit says pretty much the same thing.

      Thx guys for your help! 

        Loading editor
    • Hi guys I was wondering if Enile's ES effect to all allies stack and whether I should keep the three eniles I got from the resummon gate for FH/GR/Nuking purposes. Much help is appreciated!
      Screenshot 20180220-112254
        Loading editor
    • 1. Is it good to have Tridon Omni and Daltisk Omni within the same squad?

      2. Best leader for nuking? Randolph and Ravenna, Zelion Onmi or Vikki?

      3. Which unit (all that mentioned above) should I Omni+ first?

      4. Tridon's def and rec param boost will override Vikki's param boost (def and rec only) if Vikki's first then Tridon's next, right?

        Loading editor
    • Heybpadao wrote:
      1. Is it good to have Tridon Omni and Daltisk Omni within the same squad?

      2. Best leader for nuking? Randolph and Ravenna, Zelion Onmi or Vikki?

      3. Which unit (all that mentioned above) should I Omni+ first?

      4. Tridon's def and rec param boost will override Vikki's param boost (def and rec only) if Vikki's first then Tridon's next, right?

      1. Definitely. Tridon and Daltisk have different set of buffs, so they won't override each other but instead synergize well

      2. Randolph and Ravenna's LS will arguably be better if your squad contains fire, thunder, and dark units. If not, then Zelion's LS would be better due to the spark damage for all types, not just specific types

      3. Either Tridon or Daltisk first, since their utility is good for survival. Vikki can be 3rd for the all elements buff to deal more damage, Randolph and Ravenna and Zelion can be a last

      4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think so. Not sure if "boosts def and rec" and the tri-stat boost stacks or overrides each other, sorry >_<

        Loading editor
    • MyoXotiS, you're awesome.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message